Set up by Parliament, the Financial Ombudsman Service is the UK’s official expert in sorting out problems with financial services.
If a business and a customer can’t resolve a complaint themselves, we can give an unbiased answer about what’s happened. If we decide someone’s been treated unfairly, we have legal powers to put things right.
last year, more than two million people contacted us about problems with:
- bank accounts
- credit, debit and store cards
- payment protection insurance (PPI)
- other insurance, like motor, travel and household
- loans, including payday loans
- other credit, like car finance
- repayment problems and debt collection
- money transfers and online payments
- financial advice, savings and investments
find out more about who we are and what we do